Wednesday, August 13, 2014

K & C {Home}

I'm excited to share some images from my first real-estate photography experience!  I've been interested in venturing into this field for a little over a year, and have spent a lot of time studying real estate photography during that time.  Gaining experience in this area is a little more difficult than in the portrait field--almost anyone is willing to let you practice taking pictures of them or their kids--but finding a home that is staged and prepared for sale is a bit trickier.  So when my friend asked if I would be able to take pictures of her home for their real estate listing, I was super excited and jumped at the opportunity!

There is a lot to learn and understand about real estate photography, including making adjustments for lens distortions and being able to capture a very large dynamic range, among other things.  It was exciting to finally be able to practice for the first time and get experience with the principles I have studied.  While I'm content with the images I was able to provide my friend, I definitely learned so much from the experience and look forward to my next real estate photography experience so I can try again and continue to learn.  So if you know anyone who is looking to list their home, please pass along my name! ;)




















0 comments:

Post a Comment